As humans, we often differentiate ourselves from other animals by our intelligence and ability to learn, but are these distinctions always so simple?
Covering theories of learning, influences on intelligence, animal...
As humans, we often differentiate ourselves from other animals by our intelligence and ability to learn, but are these distinctions always so simple?Covering theories of learning, influences on intelligence, animal intelligence and test performance, Lund discusses the fascinating debates that shape our understanding of this area.Whatever your level of study, this balanced introduction will allow you to look critically at the main theories and cement your understanding of intelligence and learning.Show Less
Written by experienced authors, lecturers and researchers, this short, accessible book is perfectly pitched for advanced high school and introductory level undergraduate students Indepth and uptodate coverage of the major areas within intellige
PART I: THEORIES OF INTELLIGENCE
What is Human Intelligence?
One Factor or Many?
Intelligence and Information Processing
Triarchic Theory of Intelligence
Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences
PART II: ANIMAL LEARNING
Nature of Simple Learning
Problems of Simple Learning Theories
Information Processing Explanations of Learning
PART III: ANIMAL INTELLIGENCE
What is 'Intelligence' in Non-Human Animals?
Theory of Mind
Language in Non-Human Animals
PART IV: EVOLUTION OF HUMAN INTELLIGENCE
Why are Humans Intelligent?
PART V: INTELLIGENCE TEST PERFORMANCE
Intelligence and IQ
Genetic Influence on Intelligence
Neurobiology and Intelligence
Environmental Influences on Intelligence
Culture and Intelligence
Interaction of Nature and Nurture.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Cognitive Psychology and Its Implications John R. Anderson
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology Paul Levy
- The Developing Person Through the Life Span Kathleen Berger
- Psychology Daniel Schacter, Daniel Gilbert, Matthew Nock, Daniel Wegner
- Personal and Relational Construct Psychotherapy Harry Procter, David Winter
- Development through Adulthood Oliver Robinson
- Psychology, Human Growth and Development for Social Work Emma Zara O'Brien
- Community Psychology Manuel Riemer, Stephanie Reich, Scot D. Evans, GEOFFREY NELSON, Isaac Prilleltensky
- Psychology: A Concise Introduction Richard A. Griggs, Sherri L. Jackson
- Psychology in Everyday Life David G. Myers, C Nathan DeWall
- Social Psychology and Everyday Life Darrin Hodgetts, Ottilie Stolte, Neil Drew, Christopher Sonn, Linda W. Nikora, Stuart Carr
- Psychology in Everyday Life (High School Version) David G. Myers, C Nathan DeWall
- Future-Minded Magda Osman
- Emotion Science Elaine Fox
- Culture and Cognition Bradley Franks
- Intelligence and Learning Nick Lund
- Understanding Expertise Fernand Gobet
- Face Recognition and its Disorders Sarah Bate
- Controversies in Cognitive Neuroscience Scott Slotnick
- Anomalistic Psychology Nicola Holt, Christine Simmonds-Moore, David Luke, Christopher C. French
- Sensation, Perception and Action Johannes Zanker
- Psychology in the Brain J L Kenemans, Nick Ramsey
- Cognitive Processes Tony Malim
- Approaches to Consciousness B. Les Lancaster