Inter-organizational relations are increasingly important in today's organizational landscape. The management of these relations requires unique understandings and capabilities. Hence it comes as no surprise that the...Show More
Inter-organizational relations are increasingly important in today's organizational landscape. The management of these relations requires unique understandings and capabilities. Hence it comes as no surprise that the formation, purpose and management of inter-organizational relations are a vital part of most curricula in the fields of business, economic geography, sociology, and policy studies.
Managing Inter-Organizational Relations offers both a thorough review and innovative systematization of the main theoretical debates surrounding different forms of inter-organizational relations – and of the challenges of their management. With a unique collection of cases from around the world addressing different managerial issues, it provides a pioneering and comprehensive analysis of different types of inter-organizational collaboration, including strategic alliances, joint ventures, regional clusters, global value and supply chains, and project as well as innovation networks.
• Contains up-to-date empirical research.
• Utilises an innovative structure of debates and cases.
• Packed with a wide-ranging collection of international case studies and examples.
• Offers a unique managerial perspective on inter-organizational relations across different types or forms of collaborative governance.
Unique collection of text and cases
Class tested and ideal as a student text
Includes cases from a wide variety of sectors and countries
15. Forming Horizontal Networks to Shape Collective Strategies: The Case of the SEMATECH Consortium; Uli Meyer and Cornelius Schubert.- 16. Wikimedia: Managing the Transnational Network Organization behind Wikipedia; Leonhard Dobusch.- 17. Knowledge Sharing Routines in an Automotive Supplier Network; Alexander Bode and Rafael Raschk.- 18. New Developments in the Study and Management of Interorganizational Relations.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Paul Burns
- The Theory and Practice of Change Management John Hayes
- Human Resource Management, 6th edition John Bratton, Jeff Gold
- Simulation Stewart Robinson
- People, Management and Organizations Anna Sutton
- Quantitative Methods Louise Swift, Sally Piff
- New Venture Creation Paul Burns
- An Introduction to Information Systems David Whiteley
- Operations Management David Barnes
- Essential Operations Management Alex Hill, Terry Hill
- Business Strategy David Edgar, George Stonehouse
- Management and Organization Stephen Linstead, Liz Fulop, Simon Lilley