Computing is an area which continues to grow each year. This book covers the
main areas of computing, including programming, computer hardware, operating systems, the Internet, data communications and networking. It uses...
Computing is an area which continues to grow each year. This book covers themain areas of computing, including programming, computer hardware, operating systems, the Internet, data communications and networking. It uses practical examples to show basic concepts, is packed full of diagrams showing important principles, and contains multiple-choice questions to test knowledge and understanding. The book uses a readable style, and is aimed at students studying for Advanced GNVQ, A-level, HND and BSc courses.Show Less
Usage of clear diagrams on each page to show the key concepts covered in each section
Downloadable PowerPoint/HTML slides for tutors.?
Applications and Effects
Data Representation in Computers
Files and Databases
Data Communication and Networking
The Internet, Intranet and the WWW
Viruses and Security.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Formal Object Oriented Specification Using Object-Z Roger Duke, Gordon Rose
- Multimedia Web Programming Adrian Moore
- How to Program Using Java Tony Jenkins, Graham Hardman
- Mastering Computing William J Buchanan
- Mastering Delphi Programming William J Buchanan
- Fundamentals of Operating Systems Bob Eager, Andrew Lister
- From Data Structures to Patterns Darrel Ince
- Computer Vision and Image Processing Tim Morris
- Managing Information System Security Maggie Nicol
- Usability Engineering Xris Faulkner
- Discrete Mathematics for Computing Peter Grossman
- C Programming Tony Royce