Obsessive compulsive disorder is a disabling and distressing mental health problem. This accessible introduction examines OCD's causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment, and is richly illustrated with case studies, making...Show More
Obsessive compulsive disorder is a disabling and distressing mental health problem. This accessible introduction examines OCD's causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment, and is richly illustrated with case studies, making it engaging reading for anyone wishing to understand this complex mental health problem.Show Less
A friendly, easy-to-navigate book that guides students through the topic?
The series editors have a wealth of experience writing for Alevel and higher education markets
Bestselling lead author, Graham Davey
SECTION I: WHAT IS OCD?
1. OCD: Symptoms and Diagnosis
2. OCD: Prevalence and Epidemiology
3. OCD Related Mental Health Problems SECTION
II: WHAT CAUSES OCD?
4. Cognitive Factors
5. Behavioural, Psychodynamic and Social Factors
6. Biological Models of OCDSECTION
III: HOW DO WE TREAT OCD?
7. Psychological Treatments
8. Biological and Pharmacological Treatments.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- The Developing Person Through the Life Span Kathleen Berger
- Personal and Relational Construct Psychotherapy Harry Procter, David Winter
- Social Psychology Robbie Sutton, Karen Douglas
- Basic Statistics for Psychologists Marc Brysbaert
- Psychology Daniel Schacter, Daniel Gilbert, Daniel Wegner, Bruce M. Hood
- Learning and Memory Mark A. Gluck, Eduardo Mercado, Catherine E. Myers
- Understanding Statistics and Experimental Design Michael H. Herzog, Gregory Francis, Aaron Clarke
- Knowing the Self Yusmarhaini Yusof
- Health Psychology Richard Straub
- Solution-Focused Practice Guy Shennan
- Invitation to the Life Span Kathleen Stassen Berger
- Experiencing the Lifespan Janet Belsky
- The Purpose of Counselling and Psychotherapy Michael Bennett
- Supervision in Counselling and Psychotherapy Liz Omand
- A Research Guide for Health and Clinical Psychology Martin Dempster
- Counselling and Psychotherapy with Older People Paul Terry
- Rethinking ADHD Sami Timimi, Jonathan Leo
- Counselling and Psychotherapy for Families in Times of Illness and Death Jenny Altschuler
- The Myth of Autism Sami Timimi, Neil Gardner, Brian McCabe
- Psychiatric Drugs Jim Read
- Counselling in Health Care Settings Robert Bor, Riva Miller, Sheila Gill
- Short-Term Psychotherapy Alex Coren
- Stress Tom Cox
- Women in France Since 1789 Susan Foley