This major new text provides an accessible yet intellectually rigorous introduction to contemporary Security Studies. It focuses on eight fundamental debates relating to international security, integrating a wide range of...Show More
This major new text provides an accessible yet intellectually rigorous introduction to contemporary Security Studies. It focuses on eight fundamental debates relating to international security, integrating a wide range of empirical issues and theoretical approaches within its critical interrogation of these. An accessible, yet intellectually rigorous, overview of contemporary Security Studies, serving as the perfect introduction to the latest research on security discourses, threats and technologies.Show Less
Students will acquire state of the art knowledge of security studies, and conceptual tools to engage in critical reflection on peace and war, terrorism, human security, and other relevant phenomena
o Key points boxes
o Guides to further reading
o Detailed glossary
2. What Is Security?
3. What Can We Know About Security?
4. How Can We Study Security?
5. Security For Whom Or For What?
6. Security From Whom Or From What? The Changing Nature Of War
7. Security From Whom Or From What? New Security Challenges
8. Is Security Possible?
9. Is Security Desirable?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- American Government: Stories of a Nation Scott Abernathy
- Developments in French Politics 6 Helen Drake, Alistair Cole, Sophie Meunier, Vincent Tiberj
- Political Leadership Matthew Laing
- Policies and Policy Processes of the European Union Laurie Buonanno, Neill Nugent
- Understanding the European Union John McCormick
- The Afghanistan Wars William Maley
- Russian Government and Politics Eric Shiraev
- Governance and Politics of the Netherlands Rudy B. Andeweg, Galen A. Irwin, Tom Louwerse
- Teacher's Edition for American Government: Stories of a Nation Scott Abernathy
- Theory and Methods in Political Science Vivien Lowndes, David Marsh, Gerry Stoker
- Development and the State in the 21st Century Erica Frantz, Natasha Ezrow, Andrea Kendall-Taylor
- The Government and Politics of the European Union Neill Nugent
- Global Politics Andrew Heywood
- Understanding Public Administration Michiel S. de Vries
- Comparative Government and Politics John McCormick, Rod Hague, Martin Harrop
- Political Ideologies Andrew Heywood
- Public Management and Administration Owen E. Hughes
- European Politics Tim Bale
- Europe Recast Desmond Dinan
- Essentials of UK Politics Andrew Heywood
- Terrorism Richard Jackson, Lee Jarvis, Jeroen Gunning, Marie Breen-Smyth