This important new work updates the arguments of Christopher Hood's classic work The Tools of Government for the Twenty-First century. Comprehensively revised throughout, it includes increased coverage of how government gets...Show More
This important new work updates the arguments of Christopher Hood's classic work The Tools of Government for the Twenty-First century. Comprehensively revised throughout, it includes increased coverage of how government gets information and an assessment of how the tools available to government have changed over time.
A new and comprehensively revised and updated version of a classic text (The Tools of Government by Christopher Hood) first published in 98.
. The 'tools' approach has been increasingly influential in recent years and this is the key text by the leading authority
. Includes substantial coverage throughout of the impact of digital technology on public policy
Exploring Governments' Toolshed
Government as a Toolkit
Alternative Approaches to the Tools of Government
A Changing Mix of Government Tools in the Digital Age.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Comparative Public Policy Anneliese Dodds
- Public Policy in the Community
- Towards Holistic Governance Diana Leat, Kimberly Seltzer, Gerry Stoker
- The Tools of Government in the Digital Age Christopher Hood, Helen Margetts
- Understanding Public Leadership Paul 't Hart
- Understanding Public Policy Paul Cairney
- Rethinking Public Service Delivery John Alford, Janine O'Flynn
- Understanding Policy Success Allen McConnell
- Local Government in the United Kingdom David Wilson, Chris Game
- Public Value John Benington, Mark Moore
- Managing Regulation M. Lodge, K. Wegrich
- Making Open Government Work Richard Mulgan