The New Chinese Traveler - LinkedIn Discount
Palgrave Macmillan is delighted to be able to offer LinkedIn members a
30% discount on our new book The New Chinese Traveler. Order your copy now at the special price of just £10.49 (rrp £14.99) by entering reference code PM14THIRTY at the check out. This code also entitles you to 30% discount on all Palgrave Professional Business books.
Instructions: Click the 'Buy this Book' button below, then 'Add to Basket'. Once you have done this, simply click on the 'Basket' link at the top of the page, where you will be able to enter the above code to receive your discount. If you have any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
An expert insider account of the explosive growth of Chinese tourism, and how international businesses can benefit from the China travel revolution
Going beyond the scenes of the Chinese travel revolution, this book explains the emerging trends and developments of Chinese outbound travel, alongside the motivations, desires and expectations of Chinese leisure and business travelers. Featuring interviews with Chinese travelers, travel industry figures and travel journalists in different locations, global tourism boards, hoteliers, retail experts, marketing and branding consultants, the book helps business executives around the world to better understand the complexities and challenges of Chinese outbound travel, and create and deliver their own products and services that will meet the rapidly evolving and diversifying requirements of tech-savvy Chinese travelers.
Bowerman provides a detailed and comprehensive overview of the most important development of this century for the global travel industry: the rise of the global Chinese traveler. His account makes clear how crucial it is for any business that benefits from tourism to understand the major trends taking shape in this travel revolution.- Liz Flora, Editor, Jing Daily
2. Building A Brand New Industry: From ADS to the New Tourism Law
3. Going Global: China's New Travel Class Spreads its Wings
4. Magnetised by Macau: Creating a Global Tourism Phenomenon
5. The Purchasing Prerogative: Hong Kong and Shopping Tourism
6. Sun, Sea & Shopping: China Goes to the Beach
7. Lights, Camera, Action: Chinese Tourism on TV and Film
8. All Around the World: Tourism Marketers Target China
9. A Place to Stay: Checking in With Chinese Travellers
10. Taking Flight: China's Aviation Revolution
11. The Media Game: Publishing for the Modern Traveller
12. Smart Travel, Chinese Style: Trip Planning and New Technology
13. Keeping it Local: Fast Trains, Ski Slopes and the 'New Macao'
14. The Resort Revolution: Chinese Weekenders in Search of Style
15. Economics in Action: Business Travellers Explore New Frontiers
Gary Bowerman is Director of Scribes of the Orient, an Asia-based marketing and communications agency. He previously held key positions at leading travel, trade and consumer publishing companies in the UK, was a researcher for Rough Guides and managed the post-9/11 re-launch of a quarterly magazine for the American Society of Travel Agents. In China, where he has lived and worked since 2004, he was Shanghai co-editor for Zagat, and spent two years as Editor in Chief of Shanghai Business Review. Since co-founding Scribes of the Orient in 2008, Bowerman has worked closely with travel and tourism brands in China, across Asia and worldwide. This has given him unique insights into the mindset of Chinese travellers and the approaches of brands and destinations seeking to connect with them.