- The promoter of this competition is Palgrave Macmillan (the 'Promoter'). The Promoter is a publisher of educational books and is a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited. These terms and conditions govern the Competition. The Promoter's principal place of business is at 4 Crinan Street, London, N1 9XW.
- All entrants must be over 16 years of age at the date of entry. The eligibility of any entrant is at the sole discretion of the Promoter. Employees, families or agents of the Promoter and/or any of its associated companies are not eligible to enter the Competition. Multiple entries per person are permitted, but only one prize will be offered per entrant.
- Entry to the competition is via submission through the social networking site Twitter only and no other method of entry will be accepted.
- The closing date for the competition is Monday 8th June 2015.
- Three winners will be chosen by Palgrave Marketing from the correct entries received by the closing date, and will be notified in writing (via private message from the @PalgraveSoc Twitter account) by no later than 9th June 2015. This notification shall include details of how the winner may claim the Prize. Details of winners may be obtained by writing to the address above (subject to applicable data protection and privacy laws).
- If the Prize goes unclaimed by the winner for more than three months after the winner has been notified, the winner shall forfeit the Prize.
- The Prize shall be a paperback copy of Palgrave Macmillan's How Politics Makes Us Sick. The Prize shall be despatched via standard post.
- The Promoter may at its sole discretion (though we will endeavour to avoid unnecessary disappointment) substitute any Prize for a prize of a similar nature and/or comparable value. Winners may not request and are not entitled to a cash alternative to their Prize and their Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The Promoter will not be liable if a Prize cannot be taken by a winner for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter.
- The winners may be announced through the @PalgraveSoc Twitter account on or shortly after the close of the competition.
- By entering the Competition, all entrants are deemed to accept these terms and conditions. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, change the dates of entry into the Competition and/or the dates on which the Competition will be promoted and the Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or withdraw these Terms and Conditions and/or the competition without prior notice.
- The terms and conditions of any third party supplier may apply and must be accepted and complied with by the winner.
- The Promoter will at all times comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with
the Competition or any aspect of the Prize.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and construed and performed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, whose courts shall be the courts of exclusive jurisdiction. Please note that the offer to participate in this competition does not extend to persons resident in countries where local, state, provincial or national laws prohibit the promotion of, operation of or participation in the competition.