What is it and how can it help me?
The Social Work Toolkit is an online toolkit of resources which will help your students develop the knowledge, core skills and confidence to succeed on their course and placements. Our range of resources, including videos, case studies, book chapters and expert opinion articles, are available on or off campus.
The content is divided into five themes, linked to the modules on a typical Social Work course.
- Communication skills
- Professionalism in Practice
- Ethics, Values and Diversity
- Assessment and intervention
- Lifecourse Perspectives
- Expert opinions
- Quick guides
- Preparation for practice
- Case studies
- Book chapters
The resources within each theme are presented in a variety of media, including audio, video and PDF downloads, to appeal to a wide range of learning styles. They are all benchmarked to the Professional Capabilities Framework as well as other National Occupational and Professional Standards.
Learning objectives, reflective questions, links to policy and law and further resource suggestions all help students to critically engage with the subject, and build on their knowledge.
- Personalisation – students are able to bookmark pages, make notes and save searches
- Regular content updates with the latest developments in the field ensure that the Toolkit is always up to date
- A wide variety of content in a range of formats to suit all learning styles
- 24/7 access at home, on campus or on placement
- Learning pathways map our unique content onto typical introductory modules to help you integrate the Toolkit into your teaching