Our free resources promoting World Social Work Day 2020
We have also created a 20% discount code that you can use on our top Social Work titles - SocialWorkDay2020 (valid until 24th Mar)
Want to improve your face to face communication?As part of the 'Working Smarter' blog series, author Emma-Sue Prince shares her top tips for getting better at verbal communication.
In the following video Social Work author David Howe explains how empathy is not a technique but a way of relating to people. We all have a natural capacity to empathise, to a greater or lesser degree, and we can develop this capacity.
The skill of being empathic
Being more self-aware
Read an excerpt of Neil Thompson's People Skills, focusing on the importance and need to be self-aware.
The Well Rounded Practitioner
David Howe shares his thoughts on how social workers can successfully navigate a complex profession.
Save 20% on these Social Work titles - SocialWorkDay2020
- The Reflective Journal Barbara Bassot
- Social Work Theories in Context Karen Healy
- Modern Social Work Theory Malcolm Payne
- Anti-Discriminatory Practice Neil Thompson
- Attachment Across the Lifecourse David Howe
- Understanding Social Work Neil Thompson
- A Brief Introduction to Social Work Theory David Howe
- Ethics and Values in Social Work Sarah Banks
- The Skilled Communicator in Social Work Karen Healy
- Being Critically Reflective Fiona Gardner